NEW: Tourist Card is included in all air tickets 4/25/18

NEW: Tourist Card is included in all air tickets 4/25/18

Postby adameve » Tue May 08, 2018 11:25 am

Dear all,
I just trying to purchase tourist card and I read this:

I checked with Delta Airlines, and they confirmed. Also, check your ticket invoice, it should says Tourist Fees -Dominican Republic

I hope that will help. I am not verifying, however will be in DR in 9 days will confirm and report.
Adam

http://www.dgii.gov.do/tarjetaTuristica ... fault.aspx

From April 25, 2018, the Tourist Card is included in all air tickets issued outside the Dominican Republic. However, all passengers entering by air to the Dominican Republic, with air tickets purchased before said date, must present the corresponding Tourist Card; which can be purchased at authorized DGII points of sale, on this page by clicking here, Consulates and Embassies of the Dominican Republic, or via local tour operators authorized by the Ministry of Tourism. Similarly, we will continue to receive all Tourist Cards previously purchased by passengers whose tickets do not include it. It is recommended that visitors arriving in the country by air verify the detail of the taxes and fees included in their tickets, in order to determine if they should acquire, or not, the Tourist Cards during the transition period.
adameve
Past Guest

Re: NEW: Tourist Card is included in all air tickets 4/25/18

Postby Rumbai » Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 am

Thank you very much Adameve, hopefully this will allow us to get through quicker. Of course wouldn't you know it for my next trip I bought my ticket on April 23rd. :cry:

Rumbai
Rumbai
Past Guest

Postby adameve » Tue May 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Yes, I purchased my tickets on May 1st, and I checked with Delta as well as invoice I saw online. So let see what happen at airport! I will have $10 bill ready in case if airport people don't recognize.

Will keep you posted after my trip back.

Adam
adameve
Past Guest

Postby tefoster57 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:36 pm

For my October trip that I purchased On May 3, I checked my invoice today and there was a "Tourist Tax (DO)" of $10 under "Government Fees" that I just found, so I'm going to assume that is the Tourist Visa. will have a 10 spot on me just in case though.
tefoster57
Past Guest

Postby bezymyanych1 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:10 pm

Ok, I did not see any invoice entry, but I just traveled to DR on American Airlines and I did not have to by the visa. So looks like the charge is included in the price now.
bezymyanych1

Postby Rumbai » Fri May 25, 2018 3:57 pm

I will be there in two weeks. I will post ASAP what I experience also. I have bought a Tourist card online. I consider it a cheap insurance policy just in case.

Rumbai
Rumbai
Past Guest

Postby callowayman » Fri May 25, 2018 5:45 pm

This is directly translated from the DR government website:

From April 25, 2018, the Tourist Card is included in all air tickets issued outside the Dominican Republic, however all passengers entering by air to the Dominican Republic, with air tickets purchased before that date, must submit the corresponding Tourist Card. We emphasize that we will continue to receive all Tourist Cards previously purchased by passengers whose tickets do not include it.

I noticed a 10$ DR tax fee on my airline invoice that was not there previously
callowayman
Past Guest

The following user would like to thank callowayman for this post
Sunfest234

Postby bezymyanych1 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 pm

That makes sense to me now, I purchased my tickets on 30th of April. This is why I was not required to pay for the visa.
bezymyanych1

Postby RawDeddy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Everyone,

Thanks for the information. I purchased my ticket for an October trip a few weeks ago on American Airlines and I am assuming it is under the "OTHER TAXES & CARRIER-IMPOSED FEES" which on my invoice says $10. Is this the tourist tax? There are a few other DR taxes on there but those say what the tax is for. I am assuming this is for all airlines outside the DR? Have a buddy flying in on JetBlue so I am sure it will be the same.

When you arrived at the airport what did you have to do? Just show your ticket, go in a separate line, etc.?

It will be a nice change not having to purchase the tourist card online.

Thanks again for the info.

RawDeddy
RawDeddy
Past Guest

Postby tefoster57 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Rawdeddy, they have taken out the tourist visa machines and area totally. Just head straight to Customs and Immigration now. still have the Customs declaration and Immigration forms to fill out, but that $10 under other is the Tourist VISA now. The DR now just collects from the airlines directly. I'm looking forward to my next trip in OCT, and looking at dates in Jan now. ENJOY yourself :D :D :D
tefoster57
Past Guest

Next

Return to Resort Hotel Information