NEW: Tourist Card is included in all air tickets 4/25/18

NEW: Tourist Card is included in all air tickets 4/25/18

Postby adameve » Tue May 08, 2018 11:25 am

Dear all,
I just trying to purchase tourist card and I read this:

I checked with Delta Airlines, and they confirmed. Also, check your ticket invoice, it should says Tourist Fees -Dominican Republic

I hope that will help. I am not verifying, however will be in DR in 9 days will confirm and report.
Adam

http://www.dgii.gov.do/tarjetaTuristica ... fault.aspx

From April 25, 2018, the Tourist Card is included in all air tickets issued outside the Dominican Republic. However, all passengers entering by air to the Dominican Republic, with air tickets purchased before said date, must present the corresponding Tourist Card; which can be purchased at authorized DGII points of sale, on this page by clicking here, Consulates and Embassies of the Dominican Republic, or via local tour operators authorized by the Ministry of Tourism. Similarly, we will continue to receive all Tourist Cards previously purchased by passengers whose tickets do not include it. It is recommended that visitors arriving in the country by air verify the detail of the taxes and fees included in their tickets, in order to determine if they should acquire, or not, the Tourist Cards during the transition period.
adameve
Past Guest

Re: NEW: Tourist Card is included in all air tickets 4/25/18

Postby Rumbai » Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 am

Thank you very much Adameve, hopefully this will allow us to get through quicker. Of course wouldn't you know it for my next trip I bought my ticket on April 23rd. :cry:

Rumbai
Rumbai
Past Guest

Postby adameve » Tue May 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Yes, I purchased my tickets on May 1st, and I checked with Delta as well as invoice I saw online. So let see what happen at airport! I will have $10 bill ready in case if airport people don't recognize.

Will keep you posted after my trip back.

Adam
adameve
Past Guest

Postby tefoster57 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:36 pm

For my October trip that I purchased On May 3, I checked my invoice today and there was a "Tourist Tax (DO)" of $10 under "Government Fees" that I just found, so I'm going to assume that is the Tourist Visa. will have a 10 spot on me just in case though.
tefoster57
Past Guest

Return to Resort Hotel Information