How to post an photo attachment

How to post an photo attachment

Postby Dirtysanchez2k » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi i am not used to how this forum works

I see people posting pictures as attachments i assume they are a direct upload and not a link to a hosting site

I was wondering how i upload an photo attachment directly from my pc

Any help greatly appreciated
Dirtysanchez2k

Re: How to post an photo attachment

Postby Rumbai » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Hello Dirtysanchez,

If you look at the bottom of the draft you will see a tab that says "Upload attachment" browse your drive and find the picture you want to upload, select it then hit the "Add the file" button. The one problem is the picture can be no larger than 102 KB in size.

There are several programs that will allow you to degrade you picture down to below 102 KB. The one that I use is Paint which is found under windows accessories. Select the picture you want and then hit the Resize button. I use the percentage area and put in different numbers into the horizontal box (Vertical will automatically match) You will have to play around with your pictures a little to figure out what percentage to use. ONE HINT - When saving rename the picture so you do not destroy the original pictures resolution.

Hope this helps and look forward to seeing your pictures. 8-)

Rumbai
Rumbai
Past Guest

Postby Dirtysanchez2k » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:48 pm

I am trying to post pictures in a testimonial i am making and i cant seem to see the upload attachment tab in the draft i have made but not posted
Dirtysanchez2k

Postby Rumbai » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Here is a picture of what my page looks like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rumbai
Past Guest

The following user would like to thank Rumbai for this post
Dirtysanchez2k

Postby STE » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:38 am

To add to what Rumbai said, before adding your file (which is your photo attachment), you do need first to reduce it to 102 KB, and you should make a copy of it to work with, in order to preserve your original picture as is. I have a Mac and don't know how it's different on PCs., but on the Mac, under "Tools," there's "Adjust Size," which I use to reduce the picture size down to 102KB, and it tells you the number of KBs as you do that. The picture will not appear as small when you finally add it to your message as it does while you are adjusting it.

Then, to the lower left of your message box on the forum, below the line that has the "save draft-preview-submit" buttons, you'll see to the right of "options," "upload attachment." Click on that, and it will reveal a line that says " Filename: choose file." Click on that, and you'll get a list of all the files that are on your computer. Then, highlight from that list the one you want, click "choose file," and it will add that file's name right alongside that "choose file button." Then, to the right of that, click "add the file," and this now gives you a box called "File comment," in which you can write a caption for the picture. Next, you click your cursor at the spot in your message where you want the picture inserted, and click on "Place inline," and voila, there you have it.

I hope this helps and does not sound too complicated, but once you get used to it, you can greatly enhance your messages by adding pictures, which all your readers are glad to see, especially if it's pictures of the chicas.
Last edited by STE on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
STE
Past Guest

The following user would like to thank STE for this post
Dirtysanchez2k

Postby Dirtysanchez2k » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:18 am

I do not have that tab at all only the options one my only thought is I'm still down as being a newbie instead of a past guest . Very strange as i cant see option either in this part of forum for example so it not just testimonial section

I will have to contact the site admin to sort this out

I thank you all for your help on this issue
Dirtysanchez2k

Return to General Topics not related to the resort or your vacation