Checked or Carry-on bags

Here is where you will find the most asked questions by our new member. If you don't see your question answered feel free to ask it here.

Re: Checked or Carry-on bags

Postby wwrl » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:37 am

you can purchase all those articles fairly inexpensively at the mercado down the street from the resort...so a carry on is feasible....wwrl
wwrl
Past Guest

Checked or Carry-on bags

Postby Dancer61 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:33 pm

I've never flown out of USA before. If you check your luggage and have a transfer in NYC or Miami, do you have to reclaim you luggage and then recheck it for the international part of the flight? Thanks for any answers.
Dancer61

Postby Rumbai » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:53 pm

No you should check it all the way through. On your return flight into the USA you have to claim your bag and clear USA customs and then recheck it right outside of customs.

Rumbai
Rumbai
Past Guest

Postby adameve » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Peace of mind and ease is carry-on; travel light. just pack whatever you need in travel size; if you are out with anything, get it here.

Last time I travel to Frank for week and I checked my luggage, it looks around One hour before my luggage arrived.

Therefore lesson learned, travel light!
Adam
adameve
Past Guest

Postby racing933 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:03 pm

I used to check my bags because of the Sunscreen, Gels, etc. I left a bag with all my Sunscreen, Gels, Lubes etc, and a hat with Frank. Now it is there for me. On my next trip, I am going to leave 3 days of clothes plus the gels & sunscreens that are there. That way I could leave from anywhere, with only my passport, and the clothes I am wearing.
racing933
Past Guest

Postby Tio Loco » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:59 pm

I always check a bag and carry a lot of the old school Trojan condoms with no lubricant because the chicks don't want that in their mouth. I could manage the clothing situation with a carry on, but the last time I was in the Mercado they only had lubricated condoms. I didn't know the customs agents would confiscate condoms....that's absurd. They shouldn't worry about condoms unless they're explosive ( no pun intended)...haha
Tio Loco
Past Guest

Postby aj321 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:19 pm

I have been to Frank's four times (the last time this past May) and have never had condoms confiscated at customs. Have they recently started doing this? I myself always just bring a carry on. My last trip I was able to bring everything I needed in one backpack.
aj321
Past Guest

Postby Rumbai » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:08 pm

I travel all of the time and have already taken 7 international trips this year, including last month to Franks and I always have condoms in my carry on and no one has ever bothered them.

To me carry on or checked is a personal choice and depends on what you want to bring. Carry on only will probably save you 20 to 30 minutes if you are in the front part of the plane. If you are in the back of the plane it may not save you anything by the time you get through immigration your bag will probably be out.

I personally always check my bag since I bring in lube, lotion and sex toys which I cannot/do not want going through the screening process on the way to the gate.

Rumbai
Rumbai
Past Guest

Postby tefoster57 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm went ahead and paid for checked luggage and "Big Front" seat after reading other posts where Condoms and Lube were trashed by TSA, just rather be safe than sorry. don't know how crowded this plane will be from Ft Lauderdale, But don't like to be crammed in like sardines(unless between a couple of Chica's)
tefoster57
Past Guest

Postby SuperD » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:53 pm

Rumbai wrote:No you should check it all the way through. On your return flight into the USA you have to claim your bag and clear USA customs and then recheck it right outside of customs.

Rumbai

Rumbai,
We are on the same plane and you will be costing me valuable minutes while you wait for your bag. I pre-buy may tourist pass, pack light and sit near the front of the plane. I race to Frank's car and choose my Chica as soon as I can.

I pack light and make use of the free laundry service at SPAV.
SuperD
SuperD
Past Guest

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions