Tobacco use and smoking at the Resort

Here is where you will find the most asked questions by our new member. If you don't see your question answered feel free to ask it here.

Tobacco use and smoking at the Resort

Postby Inuksuk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:00 pm

One question I have not seen discussed in any posts: Tobacco use and smoking at the resort ?
Guests, staff, chicas ?? Smoking areas and policy ? Or, is it a property-wide "smoke-free" dungeon. I'm a smoker (canadian cigarettes), and a smoker's rights activist. Please advise at your earliest convenience. I'm about to finalize a reservation.
Inuksuk
Past Guest

Re: Tobacco use and smoking at the Resort

Postby Tim - Reservations » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:57 pm

HI Inuksuk,

Smoking at the resort is very common place, while some of the staff and chicas do smoke they normally will not do it publicly.

Ashtrays are provided in the common area of the hotel (the salon) and we do not restrict smoking in the rooms, that is completely up to you. All we ask is that everyone is courteous to everyone else whether they smoke or not and that everyone try not to deliberately inconvenience or bother other guests. Our view on this applies to pretty much all activities at the resort, not only smoking.

I hope that answers your questions adequately. If not feel free to let me know what else I can tell you.

Thanks,
Tim
Tim - Reservations

Postby johnnyaero » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:52 pm

While I know that Frank is not considered staff.... He smokes like a chimney... jeje

As do I, the both of us keep on discussing that smoking is bad for us while lighting a cigarette... and another one whenever I show up there.

However I have never seen the girls smoke. The ones still there that I know do not smoke and in general I have never seen many girls in RD smoke. However to my experience they will never say anything of a guest smoking and it is generally permitted about anywhere in RD, except for the malls...

Just my two cents...

And Frank... We will endure Mercedes objecting to the smoking again in March..

J
johnnyaero
Past Guest

Postby cantwait21 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:48 pm

Was wondering if you can buy Marlboro cigarettes in the DR? I too am a heavy smoker and love every puff.
Or do i need to plan on bringing enough for my stay at the resort?
cantwait21
Past Guest

Postby rockc123 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:38 pm

you can get them at the airport duty free in SDQ. Or you can also get them at the store. There is a Marlboro factory in the DR. They are a lot less there also.
rockc123
Past Guest

Postby Mlbrms » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:07 am

I always buy the 3 carton package at duty free when entering the DR. I'm uncertain about Canada, but you can take 2 cartons back to the US, so it works out nicely. The Marlboros are not US and I know people that complain about the difference in taste, etc. To me personally, I don't notice a difference. The 3 carton package of Marlboro is somewhere around $80 US, so I never take extra with me when packing.
Hope this helps.
Mlbrms
Past Guest

Postby cantwait21 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Thanks guys, i think i may do the same and buy three cartons. Lol 80 bucks is cheap for three cartons
cantwait21
Past Guest

Postby andregrossman123 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:18 am

I have never visited and a have to go to the DR later this year and came across this web site. The question of smoking has me a little bothered as I do not smoke and could find that it would spoil my time. No I am not bothered about smoking in public areas as you can always make a choice as to where you relax and can move away from smoke. My problem would be with the bedrooms, if people smoke in them all of the time the smoke can be pretty oppressive to a non-smoker. Comments please?
andregrossman123

Postby Rumbai » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:01 pm

I am also a none smoker and I have never had a problem at Franks. From what I can tell most of the guys leave the room or go on the balcony in those rooms that have them. I have never smelled smoke in the rooms or on the girls.

Rumbai
Rumbai
Past Guest

Postby Artx » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:44 pm

I am a vacation smoker, and do smoke at Franks in the public area. However, I do not smoke during meals in order not to disturb other guests and I do not smoke in the room. As the salon is actually outdoors, there is no residual smell of smoke, and have not been aware of any smoke odor in the rooms. In fact I believe there is a no smoking sign by the stairway up to the rooms. On my last visit, my chica warned me that Mercedes would be upset if I smoked in the room....do not upset Mercedes....
Artx
Past Guest

The following user would like to thank Artx for this post
SuperD

Next

Return to Frequently Asked Questions